amigoster.com

Guest | Sign Up

Browse | Search | Forums | Groups | Music | Layouts | Events | Rank | Chat | Sign Up | Login Members Online 1000

Forums - News and Politics - View Topic

Forum > News and Politics > Anyone know anyone whos in Iraq right now?
Displaying 1-18 of 18Page:  [1]
bets
Administrator

Posted: Apr 08, 2004 5:41 pm

The company i work for just won a rebuilding contract over there in Iraq. Turns out they're asking severall people if they would like to go down there for a few months for work. They're saying that it'l be ok, the office will be located in the "GREEN ZONE". Turns out that zone is in central bagdad (try to pull a fast one on us).

Ofcourse theres perks like Hazhard pay (1.5x your salary), 1 month vacation every 3 months and a free trip to Iraq Very Happy Some people here are actualy considering it (losers huh). I mean after they burned those civilians and hung them on the bridge, who would want to be there?

I was just curious if anyone knew anyone who was currenty down there right now and might want to share there story.

You get your friends, I'll get my friends, we can be friends
Amigoster.com Est. 11.02.03
Profile | Message | Find | Friend Edit | Quote
L0v3Ly_LaTiNa

Posted: Apr 29, 2004 4:06 am

I NO ALOT OF PEOPLE IN IRAQ RIGHT NOW..MAYBE CUZ I LIVE 20 MIN..FROM A BASE(FORT LEWIS)...BUT ONE OF MY BESTEST FRIENDZ IZ THERE..HE STILL EMAILZ,CALLZ..I MEAN THEY DO HAVE INTERNET ACCESS N STUFF N IRAQ...FROM WHAT I HEAR ITS JUST GETTING WORSE...STILL ATTACKS GOIN ON AND BOMBINGZ...
HE'Z INFANTRY..FOR THOSE WHO DONT NO...THEY GOTTA DO THE BAD SH** THERE...CR8ZY
GDONPIMPRZA

Posted: Apr 29, 2004 1:26 pm

Our Troops are fighting a war for Bush and his greedy politicians. This shit needs to stop now. We felt the loss when 2 sundays ago one of our brothers from the San Diego Chapter - Gamma Zeta Alpha - was ambushed and killed. He was 34 and a marine. Left a 15 year old daughter, 6 and 4 year old boys and a wife.

yo Bets where do u work?

R.I.P
Oscar Jimenez
RZA - ZA8

bets
Administrator

Posted: Apr 29, 2004 2:28 pm

I voted Gore Very Happy I just cant stand these religious fanatics that feel that they dont have to listen to the citizens of the united states because they feel like they have this hot line to god for all the answers.

Kerry in 2004!

Sorry about your lost bro.. War is never the 1st answer, too bad our president didnt see it that way.

I work for a civil engineering firm heading up the west coast cadd department. You know that they're trying to rebuild Iraq so we just picked up a contract for our company to rebuild thier infastructure.

mococo01
Uber Poster

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 9:17 am

As a former Marine that has plenty of friends out in the shit fighting...I tottaly support them and the mission. GO BUSH and I'm tottaly for rebuilding Iraq.

Administrator

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 1:39 pm

Dont get me wrong, I totaly support our troops when they're out there. They need more money to fund the war, give it to them. Its just bad they had to go down there when it could of been avioded.

mococo01
Uber Poster

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 1:58 pm

true...but i think if we wouldn't have been there and some shit went down real bad...then who they gonna call...no not the ghostbusters...muthafuggin USA! ya dig! Very Happy

Administrator

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 2:14 pm

Laugh Out Loud. I actualy was going to join the marines bro. Right out of high school.. I went down there, took the test at the recruiting station, then went to some place in commerce to take a placement to see what i would fit in as if i joined. Well... After all that, they told me i had to wait till my braces came off before i could go to boot camp, something about it wasnt safe. So I took the college route while I waited. Things went good so i dicided to stick with college and not choose to continue with the enrollment process. I hear they're trying to bring back the draft. Who knows.. I still may get called to kick some terrorist ass Thumbs Up

mococo01
Uber Poster

Posted: Apr 30, 2004 2:35 pm

oh yeah braces woulda not been good...with all the running around you do in boot camp and the hand to hand combat you learn you woulda got busted up...it's good that you atleast did something whether it be college or the military...I'm now in school...a lil late in the game but i'm going! and what's the best part the government is paying for it! whoooop! Thumbs Up

Amigo Nerd

Posted: May 12, 2004 6:53 pm

by rebuilding iraq do u mean torturing prisoners...i come from a family where being in the military is a tradition and we ALL object to the way this is being handled...we DO support the troops...by the way i DO kno people over there. but as for george bush, i dislike him and his policies...sry for the thread hijack

penguin

ATTACK MY MINIONS, ATTACK

bnovc
Post-a-holic

Posted: May 23, 2004 4:43 pm

Re-Defeat Bush, 2004
PenguinWarMonger
Amigo Nerd

Posted: May 23, 2004 6:22 pm

i would go do it. it would b fun.

penguin

ATTACK MY MINIONS, ATTACK

Alfred972
Amigoster Expert

Posted: Apr 13, 2005 9:38 am

bets wrote:

I mean after they burned those civilians and hung them on the bridge, who would want to be there?

I actually saw and drove under that bridge Bets. I should have got you a polaroid of it.

Amigoster Expert

Posted: Apr 13, 2005 9:40 am

PenguinWarMonger wrote:

it would b fun.

There's nothing fun about being in a combat zone!

Posted: Oct 03, 2005 1:15 pm

aye i may be 15 but even i know that war is bad. at the end of this year i'm gonna lose a good friend because hes going to join the army. most of his family has been in the military so he bassically has to go but still...........

Posted: Oct 03, 2005 1:21 pm

oh and i don't know if any of you have ever payed attention in history class but if you think about it this country was basically made by war and fighting the revolution, both world wars.....you get my point. what i'm trying to say is all this country knows how to do is fight.

p.s. i also think our government is corrupt

Posted: Oct 13, 2005 9:08 am

MY BOYFRIEND IS ABOUT TO GO TO IRAQ RIGHT KNOW. Crying or Very sad
Alfred972
Amigoster Expert

Posted: Mar 21, 2007 8:17 am

My girl is getting ready to make her trip out to the sand box. For God and country! So everybody out there with thier comments, if YOU yourself aren't ready to defend your own country and OTHERS, keep a lid on it cause chances are.......half of you don't know what it takes to do it anyway!

Home of the Free because of the Brave!

Forum > News and Politics > Anyone know anyone whos in Iraq right now?

Help | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Music | Customizer | Contact

© amigoster.com 2003-2007 All rights reserved